Featured Conor Mcgregor And Floyd Mayweather About To Sign Billion-dollar Fight Deal

Discussion in 'All Around The Country Nation' started by still, May 6, 2016.

  1. still

    still Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2015
    Posts:
    572
    Thanks Received:
    475
    Sportsbook Cash:
    $ 250,000
    Location:
    Country Nation
    This has got to be bullshit, doesn't it?

    In what would easily be the biggest money fight in the history of boxing, there are rumors circulating that McGregor and Mayweather are just days away from officially signing on the dotted line to face off against one another in Las Vegas. The fight would not only make millions but both guys would walk away, win or lose, with a ton of dough.

    Money Mayweather — currently retired with the joint best boxing record in history of 49 wins from 49 fights — is set to earn 100 million in the boxing bout, while McGregor will take home 7million.

    Both sides just have to agree on the purse and sign the paperwork — which sources say is imminent — and an announcement is likely to be made in the coming weeks.
     
    DownForce and SICKID thanked this.
  2. SICKID

    SICKID Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2016
    Posts:
    75
    Thanks Received:
    106
    Sportsbook Cash:
    $ 49,900
    No way...Really?...I'm sayin BS...McGregor imho shud man up and get back in the ring with Nate Diaz...And Mayweather shud jus stay retired and spend more time with his pal Justin Bieber...lol..
     
    DownForce thanked this.
  3. DownForce

    DownForce Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2015
    Posts:
    565
    Thanks Received:
    451
    Sportsbook Cash:
    $ 210,000
    I call bullshit on it...#1 - I don't see this fight ever generating half of the 107 million purse #2 - Floyd would be crazy to take a fight like this...if he wins - big deal he beat someone that's half the boxer...if he loses, his legacy is destroyed
     
    SICKID thanked this.
  4. DownForce

    DownForce Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2015
    Posts:
    565
    Thanks Received:
    451
    Sportsbook Cash:
    $ 210,000
    No, Conor McGregor is not going to box Floyd Mayweather

    A whacky U.K. tabloid story claiming a boxing match was in the works between retired boxing champ Floyd Mayweather and UFC featherweight champ Conor McGregor is – no surprise – bogus.

    UFC President Dana White shot down the report, posted Thursday night by The Sun, pointing out the obvious to Yahoo! Sports’ Kevin Iole: “It’s not true; it’s just a tabloid story.”

    “And as far as I knew, Floyd is retired and he’s been on a world-wide vacation and hasn’t even been thinking of fighting,” White added.

    The report claims Mayweather frothed at McGregor’s claim he would “kill Mayweather in 30 seconds” – in an MMA fight.

    The tabloid’s source said: “He’s obsessed with making Conor eat his words. Floyd is calling the shots. It’s strictly boxing and Conor will have to lose roughly 25 (pounds).

    “It was agreed in principle on May 2, but Floyd wouldn’t reveal the identity of his opponent until last night when he told friends he’ll be fighting Conor.”

    McGregor’s reps did not return multiple requests for comment, but the UFC featherweight champ’s longtime coach, John Kavanagh, had fun with the news on Twitter.



    McGregor is, of course, under contract with the UFC, which despite a recent clash with the champ leading to his removal from UFC 200 is keen to re-book him for a pay-per-view headliner later this summer.

    As McGregor recently clarified, he is not retired from competition as previously announced and still wants to fight at UFC 200, however moot his wish has been rendered by recent additions to the July 9 card at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

    That means the UFC still holds McGregor under contract, and would have to cut a deal to release him to compete in what would be his first professional boxing match against the world’s most successful boxer in history.

    Unlikely, to say the least.

    White previously said McGregor would return at UFC 201, UFC 202 or UFC 203. Nate Diaz (19-10 MMA, 14-8 UFC), McGregor’s (19-3 MMA, 7-1 UFC) originally scheduled opponent for the July 9 blockbuster, remains unbooked after bowing out of a welterweight rematch with his Irish foe’s dropout.

    For McGregor to defect to boxing, especially for the reported $10.1 million share due the UFC champ – or just a hair over what UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta said he would have made at UFC 200, per veteran UFC referee John McCarthy – is another red flag.

    And a round-the-world trip reported by The Sun further highlighted Mayweather’s lavish post-career lifestyle and cast more doubt on a summer return, which is when the match would reportedly take place.

    So where do things stand with McGregor and Co. and the UFC? While the champ has sniped at the promotion via Twitter since his removal from UFC 200, White told Iole, “We have no problems with Conor. We’re totally cool.”

    So, nothing to see here.
     
    still and SICKID thanked this.
  5. SICKID

    SICKID Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2016
    Posts:
    75
    Thanks Received:
    106
    Sportsbook Cash:
    $ 49,900
    yep..bs...jus like we all figured...
     
    DownForce and still thanked this.
  6. still

    still Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2015
    Posts:
    572
    Thanks Received:
    475
    Sportsbook Cash:
    $ 250,000
    Location:
    Country Nation
    Too bad, I would have liked to see it, lol,
     
    SICKID thanked this.
  7. DownForce

    DownForce Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2015
    Posts:
    565
    Thanks Received:
    451
    Sportsbook Cash:
    $ 210,000
    Just once I would like to see a MMA fighter step in the ring with a top caliber boxer and try to keep up...maybe then all these MMA guys that think they can box will shut up
     
    SICKID and still thanked this.
  8. SICKID

    SICKID Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2016
    Posts:
    75
    Thanks Received:
    106
    Sportsbook Cash:
    $ 49,900
    Here we go again.......

    Floyd Mayweather '50-50' on return, believes Conor McGregor fight will happen
    By Andreas Hale
    23 hours ago
    Cagewriter

    

    Just because Floyd Mayweather is retired doesn’t mean that he won’t take advantage of an opportunity to remain in the limelight when it presents itself.

    Mayweather could have squashed recent speculation that the unbeaten boxer would compete in some fashion against UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor. Instead, Mayweather saw an opening to seize attention even in retirement and he continued to fan the flames in an interview on ShoBox’s Friday night telecast.

    “It’s really not a rumor,” Mayweather said when asked about McGregor. ”The fight may happen. We really don’t know as of right now. But do I think the fight will happen? Absolutely.”

    The idea of pitting Mayweather against McGregor had the combat sports world buzzing although the logistics of making that fight happen would be a challenge. UFC president Dana White, who happens to be McGregor’s boss, shot down the idea in a recent interview on ESPN’s "Russillo & Kanell" and stated that it would be “impossible.”

    View photo
    .
    (Credit: Conor McGregor/Twitter)

    (Credit: Conor McGregor/Twitter)

    But Mayweather isn’t one to take no for an answer.

    He did admit that nothing has been discussed yet in terms of a venue and money but put it out there that he’s willing to do whatever it takes to make the fight happen.

    “If the fans demand the fight, we’ll make it happen,” he said.

    For those wondering whether it will be a boxing or MMA rules, Mayweather made it very clear which way he’s going.

    “We’re the ‘A-side’ so of course it has to be a boxing match,” he continued while citing most of McGregor’s victories in the UFC have come by knockout. “He’s no pushover. He fell short in his last bout but a true champion knows how to bounce back.”

    Ultimately, this could all be Mayweather blowing smoke simply to draw interest to his promotional umbrella. And if a megafight with McGregor doesn’t materialize, it’s not known if the man known as “Money” will look to compete again. However, he’s certainly appearing to be more open to it than before.

    Mayweather said he was “50-50” on the possibility of him boxing again. That is a lot softer stance on coming out of retirement than in recent interviews when he stated that he was enjoying the retired life under no uncertain terms. But perhaps the allure of the mighty dollar will draw Mayweather back into a boxing ring. And the man attached to that allure is not Gennady Golovkin, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez or even Manny Pacquiao. The only name that Mayweather appears to be interested in fighting is Conor McGregor.

    “The only guy I’m thinking about right now – business-wise – is Conor McGregor.”
     
    DownForce thanked this.
  9. DownForce

    DownForce Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2015
    Posts:
    565
    Thanks Received:
    451
    Sportsbook Cash:
    $ 210,000
    I still say no way this fight happens
     
    SICKID thanked this.
  10. SICKID

    SICKID Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2016
    Posts:
    75
    Thanks Received:
    106
    Sportsbook Cash:
    $ 49,900
    me too...
     
    DownForce thanked this.

Share This Page